Dixie Belle's Crackle is perfect for a cracked, aged effect.
- Apply one coat of Dixie Belle Chalk Mineral Paint of any color. (This will be the color of the cracks), to a properly cleaned surface. (Please clean with our Dixie Belle White Lightning!)
- If natural wood is desired, apply 1 coat Clear Coat and let dry completely.
- Stir Dixie Belle Crackle and apply. Do not thin the crackle medium.
- The thicker the application the larger the cracks.
- Use a cross-hatch brush stroke to create erratic and wide cracks.
- Do not back brush; this will disturb the cracking process. Allow crackle to dry completely anywhere from 30 minutes to overnight.
- Apply a top coat of any Dixie Belle Paint color. The cracking process begins as the paint dries.
- Let dry completely for 24 hours. Enjoy!
This product is available in 8oz.